Saturday, March 15, 2014

Let His Praises Ring!
By Mz. Woot



To God be the Glory for the gifts birth in Lessette Kornegay. I'm going to start off by sharing that she has a God given talent that she works to uplift and encourage others thru her songs of personal testimony of what God can and will do. I came across the angelic voice online while looking for some new artists to contact and feature on blog site. I was captivated by her entitled song "Hold On" the video which can be found on YouTube (see links below). As I watched and listened to her sing, the words of the song enlightened my soul and gave me hope to continue on in my journey. I was truly blessed and felt as if I needed to find out more about her and the music. 
I finally got a chance to speak with Mrs. Lessette and from our conversation she is truly a woman of God who loves to sing and uplift the name of Jesus. I was encouraged by her to continue on with to help artist get there music heard. I will say this she is truly blessed and I know that the rest of this article will bless you as it has blessed me to write it.  You can find Mrs Lessette at Victory Cathedral Worship Center Int. in Kinston, NC where she and her husbands are Elders in the Church

 " Transcending All Barriers To Minister Healing To The Soul"


 Logo: a dead rose ( representing a life poured out )


Lessette Kornegay Bio reads; As an opening act for the likes of Vickie Winans, Twinkie Clark, Dorinda Clark Cole, Joyce Haddon, Shirley Caesar,  and a host of others, Lessette Kornegay is no foreigner to music. Raised in Kinston, North Carolina and the youngest of 6 children, she followed in her father’s musical footsteps.

       Lessette shares her love for God and her experiences through the launch of her 1st gospel CD entitled, " After the Storm."  Her formal training as a gospel singer came from her father, Mr. John F. Cox. Mr. Cox was very familiar with gospel; he founded and managed a gospel group and did opening acts for gospel greats such as Shirley Ceasar. 

     “From a child I was always interested in singing. I also learned a lot by looking at TV, actors and singers. I love country music. I love all music.” Her love for music ranges from Shirley Caesar  to Aretha Franklin to Tina Turner and Elvis Presley, “I always wanted to meet Elvis Presley when I was young”... “Aretha Franklin and Tina Turner sing from their heart.”  



 Making guest appearances on a number of broadcasts, events and shows, charismatic recording artist, Lessette heals and inspires listeners through her voice. Her music is a unique combination of Contemporary Gospel, Jazz and Country – fit for a wide array of audiences. Lessette’s spirituality extends beyond her gospels tunes, into her church in which she and her husband Clarence Kornegay are Elders. 
      In addition to her impeccable voice, Lessette is gifted in yet another area – painting. Her paintings have been featured in various newspapers, art galleries and shows. Lessette received her Bachelor’s in Painting and Drawing at East Carolina University in Greenville, North Carolina. Her father is also instrumental to her success as an artist, “I do portraits, I see art in everything; art is in everything.”

     As for designing jewelry - she has a business called Dove’s Creations, “I love doing one-of-a-kind pieces,” Lessette shares. It should be noted that she did all of the background in her music and wrote all of the songs; Leander Tate produced the songs.

Mrs. Lessette's Discography: (You can purchase this album on iTunes or by clicking this link Amazon.) 

1st CD  -  Titled , " After The Storm "  March 17, 2012.   

Songwriter, Lead Vocals, Background Vocals:  Lessette Kornegay

Producer, Musician, Mixed, Mastered:  Leander Tate / Cicada Sounds Records in Greenville, NC.

 1. Been Through The Fire 
 2.  After The Storm    
 3. One More Chance 
 4.  My Ship 
 5. Chambers Of The Heart 
 6. Silent Tears  
 7  Take It To Jesus 
 8. You Love Me 
 9. Why Does Love Hurt 
 10. Without You 
 11. Hold On 

Her CD is in Kinston Bible Book Store at Vernon Park Mall in Kinston, NC.  

It can be Downloaded on Amazon, iTunes. CDbaby, Spotify, etc.

You can also find Lessette on YouTube and Facebook...below is some of her video links;
  
Video  Links:    " Hold On "     http://youtu.be/2W9cHgMF1VU 

        " After The Storm "      http://youtu.be/EIkBwfsZZs4

            " Without You "      http://youtu.be/ciBbPVTQ8WA

Interviews: The King's Table   - http://youtu.be/ujbDL_-fUas

Here are the Links where you can find Lessette: (Click on the links and a new window will open)

 www.lessettekornegay.com Official Website

 ReverbNation    Presently she is #1 in Kinston, NC Area              
            
 Facebook   

 Twitter   


Don't hestitate to support Lessette on her journey, purchase your CD "After the Storm" and I know you will be blessed. As always stay blessed not stressed. 

Thanks for reading, please share this information and continue to support Muzik Wit Woot by sharing and commenting on my site. 

Mz. Woot

No comments:

Followers

Created to Worship

Shelton%20Dowd